Teachers at Excelsior PS offer a range of special programs for children with specific interests and/or talents. In 2018 the following programs will be offered:
- Instrumental Music Program – provides talented students with an opportunity to receive weekly lessons on a musical instrument (trumpet, clarinet) through the School of Instrumental Music.
- School Choir – The music specialist, leads students in the school choir. Students attend choir before school and perform at numerous events during the year.
- Recorder Ensemble, including wind instruments – trumpet, clarinet, trombone, flute – Talented senior students are invited to be part of the Instrumental Ensemble.
- Guitar Ensemble – Year 5-6 students are eligible to join this group. Students must own their own guitar; acoustic or classical.
- Morning Fitness – during the week from 8:30am, our Phys Ed specialist, encourages all students to join her in a jog or brisk walk around the school oval. It gets the heart pumping and the brain working, ready for students to go to their classes at 8:45am, focused for the day.