If your child is 4 or 5 years old by 30 June or changing schools, parents are required to apply to enrol them in a public school. All children from Pre-primary to Year 12 are guaranteed a place at their local public school.
To apply to enrol your child in our school please visit the front office.
We are now taking enrolments for Kindergarten and Pre – Primary students. All potential students must apply for a place and submit their application along with all supporting documentation to the front office.
Eligible Kindergarten students will have turned 4 years old by 30 June.
Eligible Pre-primary students will have turned 5 years old by 30 June. Pre-Primary is the first year of compulsory schooling.
You will be required to provide your child’s birth certificate, immunization record and proof of your home address. An enrolment form and internet/photo permission form will need to be completed.
When applying for enrolment at Excelsior Primary School, the following documentation must be provided.
- Evidence of proof of address within our local intake area. This can be in the form of a utilities account ie electricity, gas or water or Council Rates notice, or a current driving license or bank statement.
- The child’s birth certificate.
- If not born in Australia the following documents must be provided.
- Evidence of the date of entry into Australia
- Current visa documents – include Visa Number, Visa Grant Number and Visa Expiry Date. This information can be obtained at www.immi.gov.au (Visa Entitlement Verification Online)
- If applicable, a copy of any current Family Court orders (original to be sighted)
- A copy of immunisation records from the Department of Health. The immunisation statement can be obtained at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 1800 653 809.
For more information about enrolling your child at a public school view the Department of Education website.
A guide to the intake area of Excelsior Primary School
Download a copy of the Intake Map guide.
Medical Conditions must be declared on the Application For Enrolment form. Details must be kept current during the year and reviewed at the beginning of each year. Parents of children with serious or life threatening medical conditions must complete an Individual Emergency Action Plan with the school to cover any contingencies that may occur at school.
If children are required to have medication during school hours, please ask at the office for a Medication Permission Form. Children are not allowed to have medication in their school bags except for Asthma medications. Prescriptions that are administered “three times daily” can generally be given before school, immediately after school and before bed. Staff are not trained or allocated to handle the administration of medicines.